january's blind book haul


One of my bookish goals for this year was to continue to use my local library and although I’ve been using my library primarily to reserve books that I see online, I do also love browsing the shelves and just spending some time in there. 

When just going in to have a look, you really never know what you’re going to find! From older books you’ve not heard of, or genres you hadn’t previously browsed - it's always nice to go in without an idea of what you want and just see where your mood takes you. 

Last year I picked up several books from the library on a whim that I ended up really loving, so I’ve decided that I’d like to start doing ‘blind book hauls’!
 
This months picks were:

1. Viper by Bex Hogan

"He will make me a killer, or he will have me killed. That is my destiny."

A story about a young girl, destined to become the defender of the twelve isles - the only thing standing in her way is the Viper, a merciless, corrupt killer. And he is her father.

I have, for some unknown reason, been absolutely craving a good sea-based/pirate book for a while so when I stumbled across this in the library there was no way I was passing it up. It sounded absolutely action packed with a sprinkle of love interest, my perfect recipe! 

"She was born to protect the islands. But can she fight for them if it means losing her family, her home, the boy she loves - and perhaps even her life?"




"The line between life and death is razor thin, and no one knows this better than a hunter."

Supernatural is absolutely my favourite tv show of all time and while I wouldn't usually pick up something with a movie cover/actors on the front, this is an interactive, multiple-ending book and I've never read one of those before! 

Following the boys along with their clues, interviewing suspects and making choices for them - I'm more excited to give this a go than I probably should be. Plus, it's another chance to be with the Winchester Boys - I've got to love it, right?



3. The Beast's Heart by Leife Shallcross

"I am neither monster not man - yet I am both. I am the Beast."

Anyone who's seen my previous reads will know that I love retellings so I was excited to spot this one. The movie 'Beastly' is one of my fave chic-flick/fairytale adaptations so I am hoping that this will give me a similar kind of vibe.

It is said to be a 'rich and magical' retelling of Beauty and the Beast, from the beast's perspective. 

"My Isabeau. She opened my eyes, my mind and my heart; she taught me how to be human again. And now I might lose her forever."




Are you a library goer? What was the last book you took out, and have you read it? 
I'd love to know!



No comments